Saturday, January 3, 2009

Next MRI

I know it's been a long time since the last post for those of you that still check the blog regularly, but in this case no news is good news.  I have been doing well, working lots and tolerating it well.  I was off all meds for a couple of weeks, but I chose to go back on a very low dose of the anti-seizure medicine because I was feeling a little too stimulated at work with the lights and all the talking.  I will wean off again soon and see how it goes.  The oncologist seems to think that the dose I'm taking couldn't be doing much, so why bother.  He wants to continue to do MRIs every 3 months for the first 2 years, so I have another a week from tomorrow.  The next MRI is scheduled for Jan 11 at 9am...please pray for continued improvement on the scan and absolutely no sign of a recurring tumor!  Also pray that I can get off all medicine and feel good without it.

Happy New Year to all and I hope everyone's Christmas was spent making good memories with loved ones.  We were able to be with the Tinning side on Thanksgiving...both of my sisters and all the nieces and nephews...it was a blessing to be together!  We ventured (through snowstorms) to Kansas the week before Christmas to be with the Griffeth side of the family.  We were home in Michigan for Christmas, as I was on call.  We cooked our first turkey and had a simple dinner at home.  It was nice and relaxing after being in the Chicago airport on Christmas Eve for 5+ hours hoping to make it home!

God's blessings in 2009 and I will let you know the good news of the upcoming MRI soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura!
Just wanted you to know that I do check in on you occassionally this way still. Love, light and peace to you for your MRI scan! But we all know it will be A-OK!!!

Peace baby!
Lori D.