Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Good morning and love you Uncle John (and the family too!)
Good morning and Merry Christmas to all our family and friends! I told Chad it was his job to write the blog entry today, but I will do a quick one and we'll have pictures later. We are at my sister, Jean's house with her family and our parents this year. When the boys are up they will open presents and then we will start cooking our Christmas dinner.

For me it's been about the same. I'm working a little and tolerating that ok, except for the lights. I had some testing to look at the nerve function on my right side because of the dizziness and hearing loss. It showed some damage to the Right vestibular nerve. I haven't had a follow-up with the doc that ordered the test yet, but I'm assuming that's from the radiation and I am praising and believing God that it will be temporary! For those of you that haven't seen me in person, I've lost half the hair on my head (fortunately I had very thick hair to start with and a great girl to cut my hair) and you can hardly tell. Also, one day, my eyebrows fell out...that was strange because it was after radiation was over. I have to draw them in. Yes, sad and funny, but true. Looks better than going without.

I was the first one up this morning! I even beat my dad...that's a big deal for those of you who know my family. He's up now and has the coffee started. Jakey's awake, but the action won't start until Benny wakes. My husband just came up from the basement. I told him he was on for a blog entry later today.

May you all have a blessed day and a very Merry Christmas! And may we not forget that today we celebrate Jesus' birthday!

Love,
Laura

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, Laura, and all your families. We are so happy for you to have come through this year with flying colors and so much love and support! We have all the Melcer children & grandchildren here for the holidays...it doesn't often happen that we can all be together at the same time. So we too are having a special blessed Christmas. Love to you all, Don & Eleanor

Bonnie said...

Merry Christmas to you and Chad as well my dear!
I am so thankful that you are surrounded with your family..
Know Tim and I will continue to pray for your healing and strength..
I take long naps too!
You are a precious daughter of the Most High Laura.
Love,
Bonnie Z.

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! Glad to hear you can spend Christmas with your family. About the eyebrows: on the bright side, you don't have to worry about plucking for a while. And, knowing your steady hand and talent for makeup, I'm sure your "new" eyebrows look fabulous anyways! Looking forward to seeing you in the next month or so...we'll call with a few dates in mind to visit! Talk to you soon.

Love,
Lara, CJ, et al.