Monday, May 19, 2008

Marriage Retreat

Thank you all for your prayers...the shingles are gone and for the most part the headaches too! The headaches came with the shingles I believe, as it's kind of like fighting off any virus...run down, achy, headaches, fever, etc. I feel much better since they've cleared. I was very blessed to have noticed them on day 1 or 2 so I could get on an antiviral and steroids right away. The meds kept them from really spreading and from getting too yucky or painful. I am now left with just a little patch of dry skin and discoloration on my face. No biggie.

Chad and I were able to go away for the weekend up to Silver Lake for a marriage retreat. It was nice to spend some time away together. This was the first since the surgery and long overdue. We had time to focus on God and each other, away from the stressors of everydayness. Our friends Pastor Bill and Sandy Bennett have a marriage retreat, a men's retreat, and a ladies' retreat every year at their camp AO-WA-KIYA. You can visit them online to learn more about it. They are wonderful and if I were a kid, I'd be there for sure...and when we have kids, you better believe they'll be there.

Feeling much better since the shingles have resolved. Getting a little more energy back, but still pretty tired. Please pray for continued healing...I'm not back to my 100% pre-surgery self yet, but everyone says I look better and better all the time. Thank you for the prayers and support.

Love,
Laura

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura hope you are on the full road to recovery. We continue to pray for you. Glad you and Chad got away. Please continue to take care of yourself!

The Whaley's

Bonnie said...

Yippee! God answers prayer!
I am so grateful you are feeling better.

Love,
Bonzo