Friday, May 9, 2008

Shingles

When we posted that I was doing much better and had turned a corner, I really had. I've been feeling crummy lately, especially the last several days and we now know why. I've had more headaches, burning sinus/facial pain, and been more tired. I have shingles on my face! And on the right side...the same side that the tumor was on. Argh. I have a very painful and itchy rash in my right nasolabial fold (where my upper lip meets my cheek). I caught it early and went to see someone so I got put on an antiviral med quickly, so hopefully that will keep it from spreading or getting much worse. I let the neurosurgeon know in case it was of concern because of the proximity of my brain (since the shingles is infecting a nerve that directly exits my brain). He put me on steroids in addition to the antiviral. Yuck...I don't like steroids, but whatever will get me well the fastest. Please pray that this resolves quickly. If it doesn't I will not be able to see babies or my pregnant women at clinic. I need this to heal! And I need these yucky headaches to go away.

I know God doesn't give me more than I can handle...I think we all know I can handle a lot by now. Enough already. Heal me Lord Jesus and make me whole and healthy. Please pray for my speedy recovery. Thank you,

Laura

3 comments:

kvreug said...

we'll be praying, but really, I think it's best to keep the shingles on the roof top! Oh, and if I get the pox, I'm blam'n you! ;)

Bonnie said...

Oh my dear..I am so sorry you have the shingles..I prayed for you yesterday on my walk, I will pray for you today as well.
I have been having headaches too, but it is the arimidex I am taking--the aromatase inhibitor. I think it inhibits ME--but I know taking it ia very important.
I pray you have a good day, with grace upon grace in your life.
Love,
Bonzo

Anonymous said...

Don't skimp on the steroids, they should ALWAYS be prescribed when shingles is painful. If you wean down on the dose and the pain returns, go back to the previous level. Titrate the dose according to pain, you should be able to be pain free, if the dose is right. Email me if you have any questions. Your friend, Marlene (Harvey D.O.) hahofski@aol.com