Saturday, March 22, 2008

March Madness

It's all about basketball in this house right now...basketball on both TVs and a husband who can't peel himself away until the last game is over each night. At least with each next round there arent' as many games. The good news is both MSU and KU made it through their first round games...we were both happy about that!

For those of you who don't live in Michigan, we had been having beautiful weather--mid-50's a few days ago, then Thursday it got cold and gloomy again. Yesterday and last night, 4+ inches of snow!! We finally had all the snow in our yard melted, now it's back! I knew there'd probably be at least one more snowfall and here it is.

We had a nice weekend in Kansas City with Chad's family. I was tired, but it was fun. The last 3 weeks I've worked long weeks...maybe a little too much...had to go back to long naps which I had gotten away from, so I think I need to keep working up gradually, which I've been doing. In KC I also got to see one of my best friends from college and an old roommate; that was fun! We went shopping/errand running on Saturday and just hung out like old times (except for her 6month pregnant belly).

Chad and I will be going to Dallas next week for a conference for me. Pray for my stamina because traveling takes it out of me. Chad will have some meetings down there and that is why he is going with me (which I'm very happy about). Pray that his meetings are successful.

That's the update for now, not a lot new. Keep the prayers coming--prayers for peace of mind for my upcoming MRI and for a completely normal result. Thanks all. Love,

Laura

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates Laura. I feel your pain all we hear at our house is basketballs bouncing, lots of whistles and grown men yelling at the TV. We continue to think of you both and you are always in our prayers!

The Whaley Girls

Bonnie said...

There IS a reason they call it March MADNESS....I am pretty sure I would be watching MSU if we had TV! Go Spartans!!

"Because of His strength, I will watch for Thee, for God is my stronghold." Ps. 59:9

I will pray for physical strength for you Laura.

He is faithful,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! I can't believe you are still talking about snow! We're in the 80's already. Come out and relax when you can! The kids even went swimming this weekend...they are CRAZY!

Miss you so much. Still praying that your MRI is completely clear.

Love you,
Alisha