Friday, February 1, 2008

Computers and a Sore Throat

I have now sent my computer in to HP for the third time...the last time it was sent back to me it still wasn't working. Argh. I wait for Chad to come home so I can use his laptop and feel linked to the outside world. I still don't LOVE talking on the phone. It's definitely better, but I prefer email.

I got a bad sore throat this week. We think it's just viral, but my throat culture hasn't come back yet. I'm feeling better...the worst is definitely over; I couldn't sleep Monday or Tuesday night because everytime I swallowed it woke me up. Ouch!

Tomorrow Chad and I are going to a new member meeting at Gilda's Club of Grand Rapids. I'm excited to get to know some people going through the same thing that we are. They have a meeting and we'll figure out how to get involved (i.e. brain tumor support group, etc.) then they have a new member brunch. I think it'll be fun. Not sure if Chad's looking forward to it or not, but he's willing to go and I appreciate that. He may not go, though, because he has a b-ball game at the same time. We'll see.

Otherwise we are surviving the snow. I think it's fnally going to stop tonight (after 7 inches). Chad's out snowblowing the driveway. When he gets in we will eat and watch a movie or two. We just went and rented several.

Please continue to pray for me even though we got great news at the 3-months follow-up MRI. I have an MRI every 3-months to check for recurrence and each will be nerveracking. Dizziness is gone, nausea is better, no headaches, still tired. Can't complain. Love to you all,

Laura

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for your updates. I think of you so often and pray for you daily. I am happy your headaches and nausea are better. I love ya Princess!

Keri

Bonnie said...

Know in your heart I am lifting you and your husband up to the Throne of grace. I am grateful you no longer have dizziness or nausea! Yippee!!
I start my radiation next Wednesday, for 25 treatments..Knowing you have gone down this path, even though a different body part, gives me courage.
I will be praying for you!
He is faithful,
Bonnie