Saturday, January 26, 2008

Inspiration from a friend

I was just reading the blog of one of my sisters in Christ, who went in Friday for her 2nd mastectomy prior to starting radiation. She has already received chemo. Here are some Biblical truths that all should hear:

Oh it is easy to follow Jesus when life is rosy and the sky is blue, and it is easy to sit here and type, but it is a continual choice to tell my soul the TRUTH as I think about tomorrow.
Psalm 103 tells me this: He has redeemed my life from the pit. He has crowned me with lovingkindness and compassion. He heals all my diseases(hey, it's either here on earth or Heaven)
II Peter 1 vs 3 tells me that He has granted to me everything pertaining to life and godliness..
Matthew 6: 34 tells me to not be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself
Isaiah 43:1 tells me ..Do not fear, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, you are Mine!"
Psalm 116 :1 says, "I love the Lord because He hears my voice and my supplications.Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore, I shall call upon Him for as long as I live.."
Psalm 91:15 says God will answer me when I call upon Him, He will be with me in trouble,He will rescue me and honor me.."

How awesome is that! Words from a woman the day before her second mastectomy. It makes worrying about those little things seem silly, huh?

On a quick note about me, dizziness is essentially gone. Nausea is much better since I've switched timing of taking my anti-seizure med. Praise God for that! Please pray for me Monday as I will be working my first full day and am usually quite fatigued after a half day. Pray for energy and that I am not bothered by the stimulus (the lights and talking).

Love,
Laura

3 comments:

Sarah said...

She is awesome, isn't she? How did you like the fact that she planned to go to her karate class that morning before surgery?

You are awesome, too. Will pray you have the strength you need for Monday.

Thanks for loving our girl!!

Tim's Mom, Sarah ;-)

Anonymous said...

Laura, thanks so much for covering for me on Monday- I heard from everyone how great you did and how good you looked (to which I said, of course she looked good!) I am so glad you're doing better and am so grateful to have someone so special and ispiring in my life!
love, Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Chad,
There's no need to say 'that word' as we speak of health and healing instead of sickness and disease. Thank you for seeing the blessing in even a seizure. It was a helpful pointing tool as it raised its hand to announce that it was time for some healing to take place, as most such challenges are.
Be well,
Kathy