Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Late night time at the computer

Chad is always working hard even when he's home, so time for me at his computer is sometimes difficult to come by. My computer is still not fixed! Argh...let's just say I'm not liking this whole PC thing and miss my mac. I thought I'd take a moment to write a quick post. I had 2 appointments today. This morning with my radiation oncologist and this afternoon with the neurosurgeon in town. He said my MRI couldn't look anymore beautiful! Praise God. He said the dissection by Dr. Yasargil was perfect, leaving no trace of tumor behind and thinks I'm in the clear! He has such a way of putting me at ease...his opinion is what I've been waiting for. He decided to switch my anti-seizure medicine from Dilantin to Keppra. I will no longer have to have blood levels checked--big blessing. My levels have been sub-therapeutic for quite some time, but only recently have I been feeling more seizure-prone. He said that means it's time to change. I will be on both for a few days as I transition onto the Keppra. Please pray that I remain seizure-free and have no side effects from the Keppra. Also than my nausea resolves completely (may be from the dilantin or the damage to my ear nerve from the radiation...they're unsure). Also pray that I have more energy and am able to get to the gym and start to exercise a little so I don't get anymore deconditioned. My radiation oncologist thinks I'm in the small percentage of people that receive brain radiation that have overwhelming fatigue after radiation is over. Pray that resolves quickly. Thank you all again and again for your continued love, support, and prayers. Our God is good!! I praise Him all day everyday since I've gotten the results of my MRI back. We've gotta keep on keepin' on, cause my next MRI is 3 months from now.

Blessings and goodnightl,

a very sleepy and medicated (now 2 seizure meds) Laura

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOT DOG!! Our God is keeping you close to His heart and fighting for you every step of the way!!

~Becky Vreugdenhil