Thursday, January 10, 2008

More Appointments

Today concluded my appointments for this week, which totalled 6 in all. I had an appointment with the ENT today and PT this afternoon. The ENT said the testing on my right vestibular nerve showed an 81% deficit compared to the left side. I am not discouraged. I am still praising God for the beautiful MRI! She will keep an eye on me she said, and is hopeful that function will return with time.

I had PT this afternoon, and she is so pleased with my progress that she's not going to use the last appointment! She released me with some exercises to continue on my own to help with the dizziness. Yeah! I can drive and turn my head from side to side and not feel dizzy at all. HUGE progress!

I am very excited that I don't have any appointments tomorrow!! Yippee! I will be going into work to help on of our residents with a lecutre on nutrition. My understanding is I will be there more for support and questions.

That's it from me today. Had a great 4-5 hour nap and feel very refreshed. Please continue to pray for complete healing, fod resolution of nausea, ear ringing (tinnitus) and hearing loss.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. Love,
Laura

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Your faith still astounds me. Please know you are in our prayers, and we know God is going to continue to heal you. I feel for you with the tinnitus, as you know...my dad's battled that for almost 25 years now. I realize how awful that can be. We'll pray specifically for that to go away, as well as the nausea. Miss you, and love ya!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hang in there and fight back!