Monday, October 29, 2007

Machine Broken today



I went in for radiation this morning and the machine was not behaving...they said they couldn't get the pulse-dose consistent and that it wasn't safe to get a tratment. We definitely want it safe! That means I won't finish on Navember 15, but November 16 will be my last treatment. Good timing because I have a group of friends from medical school coming in that weekend and we will be able to celebrate the END of radiation. Yippee!!

I feel so blessed everyday in how God has carried me through this time. Very rarely have headaches...unless I get too stimulated, have had no seizures since surgery (please continue to pray that I never have another), nausea is better. I'm starting to lose more hair, so pray that stops...I need it on my head to keep me warm. Thankfully I had lots of thick hair to start with. Praise God for that! I'm chosing to look at all the blessings I've had through this time. It could have been a lot different.

Chad had a "suprise" birthday party for me on Saturday. I figured it out, but still a suprise in many respects. It was lots of fun, but took a long nap after. Mom came in and made me the cake she always did when we were kids...except in gluten-free form. Delicious!

Have a great day, everyone. Thanks for checking in on us. This is the fancy machine that keeps breaking...and what it looks like when they put me in my mask. I had no idea until I was a patient.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a trooper! So glad to hear all the excellent news. You are still in our prayers constantly.

Miss you!! Glad you had a fun birthday!

Love,
Alisha

Dane Fortney said...

Hello Laura,
You won't know me. I was one of the football guys that your mom and dad cared for and fed while I was at MSU. I have been thrilled to reconnect with them recently. Your mom informed me about your situation and emailed me the blog. I pray for you and Chad daily and look forward to your recovery.
Regards,

Anonymous said...

It was great talking with you today, Laura. Your positive outlook & faith continues to amaze me. Keep it up...you're over the hump with radiation. God has been good, and He will continue to bless your faithfulness to Him in such a trying time.
Love,
Jennifer