Thursday, October 11, 2007

Treatment cancelled today

I went in at 7:15am for my radiation and the machine was broken. I met with a nutritionist, then went back home not knowing if they'd fix the machine and call me back or not. They called me to say that all patients on that machine ar canceled for today. Skipping a day is not a big deal...which is why we can not have radiation on sat/sun. This just gives my normal healthy brain cells an extra day to recoupe. That's all that's going on here. I'm determined to go strictly back to my vegan ways...carrot juice, etc, for those of you that were with me to experience it in medical school. Keep praying! Total healing is the only end to this journey. Love,

Laura

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura - thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Ok, I have to share a blast from the past... The Kirksville band is trying to raise money for new band uniforms. This lady in town took the uniforms, and is sewing items out of all of the parts... The jacket became a pillow, as well as the stripe down the pant leg. The top of the pants became a shoulder bag. The dickey/chains became a little purse. And all sorts of other items, like soda coolers, etc. So my parents have sent some my way... new decor for my house. ;) They are very cute, it actually is a really good idea. I guess she continues to sell out and has a backlog of orders.
Go tigers!!! ;)
Love, Twin Tower