Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mmmm Starbucks

I am a dedicated Beaners guy, but they don't have them down here (I promise, Jim). Laura and I hung out at Starbucks for a while today and then walked around a bit. I was hoping Starbucks affected her like it does me, but no such luck so far. While we were there, a police officer escaping from the heat asked about how Laura was doing, not knowing what the head scarf was for. He was in awe when he found out she had brain surgery last week. She looked far too well for her to have had such a serious surgery. To be honest, the reality of the situation is difficult for either of us to comprehend as well. She had brain surgery last Monday...I just can't wrap my head around it...and she can't either.


We still have yet to find out when we are returning, so I will let everyone know when we do.

On Sunday, Professor informed us that he had an emergency surgery Monday morning on a young girl serving as the physical trainer for a college who was hit in the head by a baseball. They ran an MRI on her to make sure she was all right, even though she was not experiencing headaches, and found a malignant tumor. Talk about a blessing! When Laura, Doc, and Janet went for a walk late in the afternoon on Sunday, they bumped into the girl (20/21 yrs old) and her father. Understandably, she was very scared, but felt so much better after being able to talk to someone that was on the other side of it. Please pray that her surgery was successful and there are no lingering effects for the young woman, as I cannot help but be amazed that God had to line up a high speed foul ball to demonstrate his faithfulness in her. Our God is amazing!

No changes on the prayer request front, and we sincerely appreciate them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how about this for pulling a "kern." I didn't realize you could respond on this site for, ummmm, about a week!! OK, OK...

Laura, you have been in my every prayer! Looking forward to seeing your smiling, beautiful face again. Scott told me I had to add Chad in there too!! Glad to hear it all went well! Thanks to God for seeing you through! We love you and are eagerly awaiting your return!!

Love you,
Kern

Anonymous said...

THE POLL IS SOOOOOOOOOOO funny Chad! I just saw it and almost fell out of my chair! Glad to hear the princesss and her pea are getting out and about and in no time I am sure Laura will have her usual craving for a Soy Carmel Marvel no whip (although I may have to BEG for a ButterBear for her) It is amazing that her head was in the hands of a surgeon just a week ago. How great THOU art! Love you both to pieces and GREAT WORK on the blogging (I am still giggling)

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you were able to be out and about today. I too am not a fan of Starbucks as anyone who has been/lived in Seattle knows it is the "red-headed step-child" of coffee.

I was reading your post to Erick and he wanted to know if you have attempted to call the Professor "Maestro". We got your message about the TIVO and so sorry to report that we received such message Sunday night as we were in Wisconsin visiting his parents for the weekend.

We are anxious for your return and love the blog - in fact I am mild to not-so-mildy obsessed with checking for updates (about 350 times a day).

i need to run to the store to get food for little man. Wanted to let you both know you are still in our prayers and we are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Nicole, Erick and Gibson

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear that you are going home and feeling better! You look beautiful. Andrea must think you look pretty, she wanted a scarf like yours. :) I was cracking up when she was praying for you on the toilet today.

Can't wait to see you too!! Jean and I are making plans.

Love you!
Alisha

Anonymous said...

Kids downstairs, still diligently praying for headache to go away on our Tinning, as they fall asleep:)

I have all your patients that I've seen praying for you, too. Didn't mention the kids, the pool, the van door, however...

Honestly, I don't think I'm ever going to speak to you again-I'm just going to blog you to death when you get home! Chad, you have us so spoiled with your ongoing updates and commentary, we love it!

So I guess we're grateful you finally started getting truly crazy and dizzy/nauseated etc-you COULD have had to be whacked in the head with a baseball! I get goosebumps thinking about that young girl and how they found her tumor. The Lord works in such mysterious ways, never ceases to amaze us, over and over. We will pray for her like crazy, too, and send her love and peace for her and hers.

Nice going Tinning, having brain surgery-some people will do ANYTHING to get out of dictating!!

Love you so much-hang in there both of you!
DAP and fam

Anonymous said...

I am at home and couldn't remember the website for the blog, so I googled "qtness" and you would NOT BELIEVE what type of websites were suggested! YIKES!!! Good thing I'm not at work!!!

I am blown away by the story of the young girl that is there...the Lord is truly very good at looking out for His kids...

I'm impressed by the strength of your colon, Laura. Surely nothing can withstand the force of Starbucks. Don't forget the visceral lift and LS decompression. When in doubt, go for the IT band. Forearm myofascial to that baby should at least help!

Bless your sleep tonite, Laura and Chad. Know that you are deeply loved and cherished!
The Pea (aka "JB"--remember what Dr. Greenman called me at the Exercise Rx Course???!!!)

Anonymous said...

Laura, when I read that you guys were out at Starbucks, I was in awe. I hope you know that I am praying for you throughout my day, and I am checking your blog with a bit of OCD, myself. I am so thankful to you, Chad, for keeping all of us "Laura Lovers" posted on your daily progress. I am going to get back to Jean in the a.m. about scheduling a visit with you in Michigan. By the way, I am 33 today....yes, it only lasts 2 months, but you're younger than me!! I didn't have any candles to blow out today, but if I had, I would have wished for you to have a big BM!! Have you still not tried the Citrama? Enough with the natural remedies...this calls for the heavy-hitting laxatives you once passed out at age 16.
Love,
Jennifer