Friday, August 31, 2007

Visitors

Hi everyone! I thought I'd write another post today, since Chad doesn't have as much time as I do to post on the blog. He did such a great job when I couldn't, that I'm going to try now that I can. Things are going well here, all things considering! My headaches are much better controlled on the pain meds, which were changed at my last appointment. My sister has been here with my younger nephew, Jakey, which has been great, only hard because I can't lift him. I have a weight restriction and can't lift more than 10lbs. My friend from college, Jennifer, came to vist for the weekend, which has been great too...it's like we're freshmen in college again, only married! We went for a walk (Dr's orders) this morning through the neighborhood--what a beautiful day! I had an appointment with the oncologist this morning. Still waiting to find out the final pathology so we know whether chemo will be recommended or not. Pray that the pathology is a lower grade, so they won't recommend chemo. We would like to only have to do radiation, but will obviously do whatever gives me the best prognosis and the lowest chance of tumor recurrence! By the way, for those of you that know her, my friend Neethi gave birth last night to an adorable baby boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
We're praising God that you are home! We're praying for no more headaches and for no chemo. Hope you and Jennifer have a blast together. I heard a song the other day that brought back memories of Zeta days..."her name was Laura, she was a Zeta..." Of course I've never been able to sing the correct words to that song since then. :)
Drop me an e-mail when you can.
Love & prayers,
Mary Lou
zachsotmom@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the pain is better controlled with meds---may it go away completely! I will be praying about that pathology report. It is so good to hear of Neethi's baby! What a lovely distraction for you, although I am sure you're wishing you could get your hands on that little one! We miss you lots. I am trying to stay away because I just don't know if you're up to company---I'm so glad you have friends and family with you. That little Jake must be such a joy for you to have around! Everyone sends love and positive thoughts your way. Take care-
J'Aimee

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

It is great to read that your headaches are getting better. Prayers are going up--no chemo, please, Lord.

I love to read your posts. My family and I are very glad you are doing well. You are so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful friends and family members.

Did I tell you that Katelyn is at MSU now? Last week was her first week. She is doing so well, even though dorm life is not what she expected. She is a strong Christian and I keep praying that God will bless her and all of those around her.

Love,
Elaine Fedewa