Tuesday, August 14, 2007

By the Way, Family is Awesome




I am ashamed to say I failed to mention something pretty neat. For those that don't know, my brother, Kelly, is working toward making the regular roster for the San Diego Chargers (http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/kelly-griffeth.htm). Settle down ladies. My parents flew out to San Diego this last weekend to see him play in Sunday night's Chargers vs. Seahawks game. I found the pick above just now on their website...Kelly is #46 and is the big, semi-shaved-head guy in upper right quadrant of the picture.

After flying back Monday, they drove 8+ hrs from KC to Little Rock and picked up my sister and nephew along the way. They arrived in Little Rock this morning at 12:45 AM. They have been great support helping Doc and Janet "behind the scenes" as laundry gets done, runs to Wild Oats for fresh fruit for Laura are expedited quickly, and comic relief is instantly available via Owen. Just to clarify, Owen is above right, and Kelly is above left.
My laundry was done...so no need to wear "clean" inside-out boxers. I really need to have my information filter reset.

Laura's movements in the just the last hour have become much more crisp. So cool. He works fast.
Janet is the definition of gentleness and calm, while Doc is talking to people from Scotland to Washington state to keep them informed and praying. Having my family here is like a cherry on top. I am starting to ramble, so I will provide more updates tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura and Chad,
I am so so happy to hear things are going so well. The whole med ed crew has been praying for you and will continue to send prayers your way.
So, what I want to know Laura, is do you have designer hospital slippers on? (tee hee)
Love and blessings,
Gerri

Anonymous said...

"By the Way, Family is Awesome"...and MAN do you have a good one. Owen is adorable Chad and yes...Kelly is HOT and we hope his season goes well. I hope you and Laura both had a rested night and that her headache is slowly dwindling. Tell her the folks at Shogun asked about her and are cheering for her and that I am boycotting Goma-Aeiiii (as the non vegetarian pronounces it) and special sauce until she returns. Thanks for you updates and "good-NIGHT" go get yourself some new undies...
Cairey

Anonymous said...

The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

God is so...GOD!

Much love ~Becky & Owen

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!! Hope you all had a restful night and that you woke up with NO HEADACHES and NO NAUSEA!! And Chad, I hope your left cheek has recovered. ha ha

Little Owen is adorable. Glad you have some entertainment there. :)

Have a wonderful day together. We're still praying for a speedy recovery so you can go home and rest!!

Love,
Alisha and fam

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she's moving around & doing well. We're still praying hard on this end. Thank you again, Chad, for this blog. I have been checking it non-stop. Please tell Janet & Fred that they, too, are in my prayers and thoughts. Take care of LAT, and yourself!

Jennifer & Family

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the updates, phone calls, and for being at Laura's side every minute! Glad to hear things are progressing; the prayers will be ongoing. We can't wait to hear that she's eating better, feeling more comfortable, and able to write her own blog entry!! Love you all-
J'A