Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rest, Sweet Rest

Thank you for the prayers! Her pain level (on a scale of 1 to 10) has decreased from a 5 to 2 in the past few hours. I can tell a big difference in the annunciation of her words, as she was slurring before. Also, after standing by the side of the bed, she showed great progress in her strength as she put herself back into bed. After some nausea issues earlier, the medication for that and the headache have made her quite comfortable. Aside from periodic requests for ice chips, she is resting peacefully.

I am here for the evening, as they want 24 hour supervision and support the first night out of the higher level recovery area. The RN's have been great. It has been a learning experience to remember to focus on the little details...they make a big difference. I must admit, that is area of weakness for me.

Prayer Request

Continued relief from headache pain and for it to be gone for good when she awakes tomorrow morning. Also, she has yet to be able to eat much, so pray her nausea also disappears and her appetite and ability to hold food down return. We are so grateful for everyone's support and prayers, I cannot put it to words.

Good Night and God Bless You All,

Chad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I was on the road for 5 hours, and I immediately came in to check for an update from Chad. I cannot fathom that Laura WALKED to the bathroom. I am so, so very excited to hear that her left side is "working" properly. I have been praying for my dear friend, Laura, and I'm going to keep on. I updated Jamie & Travis tonight at Kindergarten open house. Our kids are in the same class...what a small world we live in! Anyway, they've been praying for you, too. Chad, you just keep being the wonderful, supportive husband that you are. God is just answering one prayer after another. Hang in there!!
Love,
Jennifer & Boys

Anonymous said...

Today I was given a DVD of the Memphis Baptist Church's service from this past Sunday. I listened to Marie speak about Laura's surgery on Monday (yesterday). I was out of the loop, I guess. I was breathless as I heard about the surgery and was anxious to read the blog and see how she's doing.
I breathed a sigh of relief that things are progressing so wonderfully. Our God is a very good God!
I will keep praying!
Oh, thanks for blogging or I'd be calling Marie right now and waking her to get the results. I'm sure she thanks you too because it's 11:30 pm!!! LOL
May the Lord continue to bring peace, comfort and healing to Laura...and may that headache go away in Jesus name!
Love in Him, Danielle Bair

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO Laura! First thing I do is check on this awesome blog. Chad you are a great author, God bless you for being so faithful to update. We really appreciate that! We are praising God yet again for her pain being better. Today we are going to focus on praying for the remainder of her headache to disappear and her nausea as well. GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME! ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Keri