Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Great Night's Rest




...will do wonders. Laura slept from about 9:30 PM until early this morning. While I noticed she was getting stronger through the night, the difference this morning is fantastic. The smile that lights up a room is back, as well as a more consistent sense of humor. Professor is excited to see the progress, and wants to see her progress a touch more here before sending her back to the hotel.

We got to see the post-op MRI, and wow. The tumor was pretty large. A vague description would be an oval 4 in. by 2 in.. It is pretty crazy to see an empty spot in her head. While I can accurately say I now have more brains than she, we all know who is the brains in this family...and it is not the author of this blog post.

For your enjoyment, Laura OK'd the release of the pictures of her incision and shiner. It's not like she won't be asked by people to see the incision scar anyway.
Prayer Request

Continued prayers for a speedy, comfortable recovery, dramatically reduced headache...and a less retentive "van door."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LT! You still look beautiful!! Looks like healing is definitely taking place. Chad, thanks for all the updates, and yes take care of yourself too. You are all in our thoughts and prayers, and we are checking this site all the time.
I won't comment about who has more brains, but I will say that, as I have issues with dairy, I can attest that a Klondike bar could really work to "open the van door"! Just a thought.
Lots of love your way. We miss you.

EK @the BHC

Anonymous said...

Hey Crazy!!
Even after brain surgery you're beautiful!! Praying that the headache will go away and that you will let those kids off the bus!!
Hope you'll be able to come home soon.
Miss you and love you,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! Thanks so much for both of your text messages, not expected but such a delightful surprise!! Keep healing!! ~K,B & O

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so impressed with how little of your hair they had to shave. That is awesome! And girl, only you could look that good after having brain surgery. Good lands! My parents and I prayed for you the other morning at breakfast, I continue to give the updates when I read Chad's blog and they pray too. Hope you are resting comfortably and know how many people love you.

keri