Saturday, August 25, 2007

Farmers Market

Went to the Farmers Market this morning and to Fresh Market this afternoon. I have been out walking like a good girl getting my exercise! Thanks to everyone for your gift generosity and your time, for those of you who are driving me around! Everything is much aprreciated! You all have sent such beautiful flowers, too! It looks like a florist in here!

My headache is getting better each day, please pray that it goes away completely...I'd like to not have to take anything for pain. I'm sleeping well, which is a huge blessing when trying to heal. I just got off the phone with my dear friend Neethi...we are stuck on opposite sides of the state from each other, and neither of us are allowed to drive to see the other...me because of the driving after having seizures rule, and she because she is 9 months pregnant and could go into labor any time! I told her she just can't have a baby that weighs more than 10 lbs. because I'm not allowed to lift any more than that after surgery. For those of you that know Neethi, that's just funny, because she's petite. She said she'd cry if she has a baby that weighs more than 7lbs, let alone 10. Ohhh, how I wish I could be with her right now!

Thank you all for your continued prayers and posts! It's so awesome to feel this loved! Chad is making me dinner right now. He's concerned about my getting enough protein to regain my strength, so he's grilling filets, which is not a common occurrence here in our mostly vegetarian home. For those of you that know me well, you won't be suprised by the pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream waiting for me in the freezer...already partially eaten. I know, for those that know me really well, you're suprised it's not a half-gallon!

Again, visitors welcome, as long as I'm home. Love to you all,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! Just wanted to know what night you feel like having me stop by? I won't stay long, just want to give you a hug! Let me know. I can't remember your phone #, my bad. ;-) I love you and am praying your headache is completely gone soon! Keri

Anonymous said...

The Farmers Market missed you as well. Hope Chad is frying up the baby potatoes for you. You looked beautiful today and your scarves will certainly start a new trend. Continuing to pray for no more headaches and more strength. I paced out the Rack while you are gone and if we walk it 11 times it will be 2 miles approximately, like THAT will be a problem.
Queen P

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going through my recipe box tonight to gather ideas for my trip to visit. I plan on stocking your freezer full of delicious little meals a la Jennifer. I guess we can adapt these to your healthy lifestyle...they just might not taste as great. I'm at least glad to read that you're eating mint chip ice cream. I plan on having Jean drop me by a grocery store on our way from the airport so that I have Entenmann's in hand when I greet you! I might get a little Edy's cookie dough ice cream (1/2 gallon, of course)...for those of you reading this, Laura and I used to put our 1/2 gallon of Edy's on the outside ledge of our dorm room window in the winter time because we were too lazy to go down 2 flights of stairs to the freezer. We were so bad, back then! Anyway, I'm looking forward to coming & visiting, cooking, taking you on walks (that sounded like you were a Black Lab or something), and watching early nineties chick flicks!
Love,
Jennifer

Bonnie said...

My dear sweet Laura,
You and I are on a journey aren't we?
I will be praying for your headache that it will go away completely, in the name of Jesus...
I just picked up a couple doo rags at the local fair tonight. My hair is hurting right now, I guess that is the beginning of the end or something like that! When people help you they are not only being a blessing, they are being blessed themselves. I know it is hard but think of them as the very hands and feet of Jesus.
I am so glad you do not have to have chemo..I will be lifting you up to the throne of grace my dear.
You are beautiful, inside and out!
Blessings,
Bonnie Z.(aka Bonzo)

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! I have been waiting for the chance to welcome you home, but because of the storms that we had here in Allegan, which made the computer not run correctly and me being in Chicago for 2 days it made it very difficult until today. I want you to know I am so happy for you and Chad that things are progressing so well. I wish that I lived closer or still worked at Breton so that I could see you and give you the biggest hug ever. Continued prayers from Allegan. We love you and miss you!!!
Ann

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Laura! I'm so glad you are able to be at your own home in your own bed. What a blessing when you're trying to heal. The prayers continue. We even have our kids praying for you. I think you've just become such a household name to them that you will always be in their bedtime prayers! Get a lot of rest and take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Mint chip icecream is my favorite source of protein, too! So glad you're home. Keep the updates coming!
Love you,
Leslie