Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Walk Down the Hall

Laura recently finished a walk of 40 ft to left of her room door to the exit door, and then about 100 to other end of the hall where the visitor's lounge is, and then back to the room she went! She has a mild temperature as her body recovers, and her head continues to thump. She only had some small sponges inserted between her lobes to create some space for the removal of a tumor...I guess I would have a headache too.

She did find a berry smoothie concoction an easier way of stomaching the soy milk rather than drinking it straight. She left a little, and it was pretty tasty.

She is resting soundly right now, and hope to see her do more of the same throughout the night.

Sending Stuff

People are asking about sending goodies, and I want to first say this is very generous and much appreciated. However, if you would like Laura to be able to enjoy them, would it be all right to have things sent to our house once we return home? Laura's eye's are shut 99% of the time right now and will be able to enjoy them more at home as we would likely have to leave them behind. I hope that's all right, I just want the person they are intended for to be able to enjoy them!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura and Chad,
So glad to hear you are up and on your feet! God is awesome. I saw Marie yesterday and she shared how God has reached into your life and blessed it. We will not know the impact all of this will have for His glory, At least not on this side of Heaven.
So glad to hear that all has gone well. Say Hi to Doc and Janet for me. Maybe you can make it to Missouri after Baby Ebeling is born. It will be good to see you again.
Continue to heal. God has it all under control!

Anonymous said...

Chad and Laura,

Thanks so much for all the updates--I just HAD to check before going to work today. It is wonderful to hear about the answers to prayer and get updates about what to pray for, so I can "pray without ceasing"! Wow--maybe out on Saturday! That's great!

Mary Anne H.

Unknown said...

Ah- it has been so enjoyable to read your blogs Chad! It's gives comfort to all of out here to hear about Laura's progress. She is a strong cookie and we do praise God for His hand in all of this. Our prayers for continued gain of strength is for both of you. Laura, way to go girl - you are doing great! It sounds like you are making all the headway towards a healthy recovery and we look forward to when you can give us an update yourself. In His hands we we are strong and joyful.

- Kendal and Anderson family

Anonymous said...

Just writing to say miss you & love you. Can't wait for you to come home.
Love,
katie

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Laura is walking around so well. I've been praying that her headaches will cease. Is she still on target to fly back to Michigan on Saturday? That seems so soon...we'll continue to pray for more speedy recovery. Just know you're in my constant thoughts & prayers.
Love,
Jennifer & Boys

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are walking more and more. I can't even imagine how hard all of this is....pushing yourself to try hard and to get better. I'm really proud of you! Soon this will all just be a crazy memory and we can laugh about how we would have conspired to hurt Chad if he had posted any beauty pics up on the blog. ha ha.

I remember having to threaten my dad when he took pics of me after Chase was born. I had had about 5 million IV's that day and was so swollen I looked like a toad. Not so pretty! :)

Hope your headache has subsided and you are feeling like eating!!

I have spoken to so many people from KV who are praying for you constantly.

Love you,
Alisha

Anonymous said...

Chad and Laura-
So happy to hear that things are steadily improving! I am praying for an improved appetite and opportunities to chew and enjoy some good organic food.

I am so hopeful for your return to Grand Rapids in whatever time is needed. We are saving up some good welcome home treasures for you! I am sure the idea of sleeping in your own bed (having left the tumor in Arkansas!) is quite motivating!

Be well, BOTH OF YOU! Know that you are loved and thought of and prayed for multiple times a day! I treated a baby today, three weeks old, that actually said, "You're not bad, Dr. Lippert, but I heard that Dr. Tinning is really something..." Couldn't believe that baby actually spoke!!! Weird, huh??? I was so surprised that I didn't even get jealous!

Love you!
J'A

Anonymous said...

Hope today was a good good day...eagerly awaiting the next blog from the PRO-BLOGGER. Miss you