Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Low Key Day

...and that works just fine. Laura is resting peacefully next to me. The only activity aside from bathroom breaks are revolving moist, cold wash cloths that Laura is situating over her right eye. We rotate them from the AC vent that I am sitting on to her eyes. It serves two purposes...feeling good and relieving swelling. Late yesterday afternoon, her right eye began swelling. Professor warned us this would take place, as it is the lymbic system's response to the incision and surgery. This is all based on memory of last Thursday's appt. with him, so my apologies to the doc's out there if I am off base.

***Breaking News***
We interupt this program to bring you a breaking news alert...

Just as I was finishing the prior paragraph, the nurse came in and we got Laura to keep down about 6 oz of soy milk to give her strength. She then got up to walk out of the room and about 20 ft down the hall and back! Her nausea subsided, and did very well getting there and back. A little wobbly due the to medication, but that is to be expected. Praise God! We are going to need to be a little more aggressive with feeding her, as I could tell very quickly the difference the little bit of soy milk made.

Professor stopped by briefly and said things are progressing well, and we are going to start a more aggressive "feeding campaign" to build up her strength so her body can recover.

I would take a picture of her and post it, but I am not so sure I wouldn't be in the hospital as soon as her strength comes back. The gowns aren't exactly at Laura's level of fashion, and the ice pack on the head doesn't make for a very attractive hat. She is sleeping soundly after the walk while listening to some Brandon Heath (new Christian artist...album is great).

Your continued prayers and support are great and know they are felt.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news---feed that girl! I am glad she is walking a bit and I am on the prayer campaign for improved appetite, decreased head pain, and a timely release from the hospital.

Good call on not posting photos yet, Chad---I wonder what we would name your blog site during your hospitalization??? Anyone have any suggestions???

Love you all-
J'Aimee

Anonymous said...

Chadster- still waiting for an address to send some goodies! Give Laura a hug for me and tell her I've been wearing high heels all week in her honor. Anyone who knows me knows that is a high tribute indeed.
love, Laura G

Anonymous said...

Too bad she doesn't eat dairy anymore...she could use some of those calories from our past affairs with "Chubby Hubby" ice cream! (Soy milk is probably a healthier choice, though). :) We are so glad she's up and walking, and we continue to think about you both daily. I think I need some Luvox for my obsessive blog-checking that I've developed! Love ya!
Lara

Cousin Jennifer said...

Suggestion for Chad's Blog ...... "Good Man Down"? Laura is a lucky wife Chad. Hope to meet you some day. California is beautiful, we have more than wine in the Wine Country!
Laura as my Italian mother-in-law says "Mangia, Mangia!!"
My wishes for a restful evening to you both!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a high tribute from Griffin, kudos girl! I want a pic of that for this blog! ;-)

Way to go Laura! I am so happy she is doing well but we will keep on praying for her headache to subside and that appetite to come back.

I think a good name for Chad's hospitalization blog could be simply titled, "D'oh!"

Brandon Heath rocks by the way. He is going to be in GR in December at Kentwood Community Church.

Please do the Molly Shannon "superstar" for me to Laura.

Keri

Anonymous said...

Do I need to get some high fashion ice packs and hospitals gowns sent to Little Rock STAT???? I will send some McDonalds certificates for you cuz I am SURE LaLa would LOVE a Big Mac right about now. Glad to hear she is progressing nicely and walked 20 feet! I will pace out the aisles at THE RACK tomorrow and consider it her rehab when she gets home. Kiss the noggin' again please and hope you are home soon/